1. Membership in KrisFlyer is open to any person aged two and above except where the programme is prohibited by law.
2. Singapore Airlines reserves the right to reject any application for membership.
3. Membership commences upon acceptance of the membership application by Singapore Airlines. Membership in KrisFlyer is not transferable.
4. Membership enrolment fee is presently waived.
5. Only individual persons are eligible for KrisFlyer membership and each member may maintain only one KrisFlyer account. Corporations and other legal entities cannot be enrolled as members.
6. KrisFlyer accounts are not transferable. Enrolment of several persons in a single account (joint account) and multiple enrolments by a single person are not allowed.
7. Members will receive a permanent KrisFlyer Membership Card after making their first KrisFlyer transaction. All KrisFlyer Membership Cards are personal and non-transferable. By signing or using the membership card, members are bound by the award and redemption structures as well as the Terms and Conditions of the KrisFlyer programme. Membership cards are the property of Singapore Airlines and must be returned upon request or termination of membership.
8. In order to maintain KrisFlyer membership, Singapore Airlines needs to collect, use and disclose the personal data of each member in order to fulfil the following purposes:
- To provide members with membership status updates and other account-related information;
- To facilitate membership-related transactions and services;
- To market and communicate to members about SIA and KrisFlyer promotions, contests, events, and lucky draws, including those conducted by KrisFlyer programme partners;
- To contact members about product or customer-related surveys and market research; and
In connection with the above, some of the members’ personal data may be disclosed to Singapore Airlines’ suppliers, service providers and other partner companies in the programme for membership and flight transaction related purposes and customer servicing. The data collected will be used for direct marketing purposes by only Singapore Airlines and only if members have given prior consent to Singapore Airlines to receive such marketing materials. Members who have given consent can subsequently request Singapore Airlines not to use their personal data for such marketing purposes by submitting a request in writing via our online feedback form, or by logging into www.krisflyer.com to update their Communication Preferences.
9. A name change on the member's record will be accepted upon written notification to Singapore Airlines using the Change of Name Form. Proof of name change is required. Members can update their personal details e.g. address or email address online at krisflyer.com
10. Accounts with missing or incomplete personal details will be considered pending accounts and will be closed within six months from the last activity.
11. KrisFlyer accounts which have activity are valid for 39 months from the end of the month in which the last activity occurred, after which the membership accounts will expire. KrisFlyer accounts which do not have any activity for a period of 18 months since enrolment will expire after that period of 18 months.
12. Singapore Airlines reserves the right to (a) suspend, (b) permanently exclude the member from further participation in, or (c) terminate his/her membership in KrisFlyer and/or PPS Club upon the occurrence of any of the following events:
i. In the sole opinion of Singapore Airlines, the member has misbehaved on any flight (whether or not a Singapore Airlines flight) or at any airline premises or at any airport. Misbehaviour includes but is not limited to verbal or physical abuse of airline employee(s) or airline agent(s) or passenger(s), destruction or damage to property on any aircraft or at airline premises, or at any airport.
ii. Singapore Airlines bans the member from its flights permanently or for a specified period of time.
iii. The member has contravened any term or rule of membership of KrisFlyer and/or PPS Club.
iv. The member has breached any Singapore Airlines' Conditions of Carriage.
v. In the sole opinion of Singapore Airlines, the member has acted fraudulently or in any manner that is unacceptable to Singapore Airlines in relation to his/her membership.
If the membership is suspended, any miles and PPS Value accrued shall be suspended. If the member is permanently excluded from membership or has his/her membership terminated in KrisFlyer and/or the PPS Club, any miles and PPS Value accrued shall be revoked and forfeited without entitlement to compensation. Whether the member is suspended or permanently excluded or the membership is terminated, the member shall be liable for all damages, litigation and transaction costs.
13. KrisFlyer reserves the right to audit any accounts at any time for compliance with the programme's Terms and Conditions without prior notice being given.
14. Members can cancel their KrisFlyer membership at any time by submitting the appropriate written notification and returning the membership card to Singapore Airlines, at which time any outstanding miles, benefits and privileges will be cancelled.
15. Membership will end automatically upon the death of the member. Miles earned but not redeemed at the time of death, as well as benefits and privileges, will be automatically cancelled.#160;
B. Earning miles
1. Miles are the base units of measurement in the KrisFlyer programme. Companies with whom members can earn miles are known as programme partners and Singapore Airlines may, at its own discretion, add or remove any company as a programme partner from time to time.
2. All Members shall have their own personal KrisFlyer account to which the miles they earn will be credited. Miles may not be exchanged for cash or vouchers.
3. Members are required to state their KrisFlyer Membership Number at the time of reservation and present their signed KrisFlyer Membership Card when they use the services of Singapore Airlines or any KrisFlyer programme partner, to ensure that the KrisFlyer miles they earn are credited to their account. If the number of KrisFlyer miles credited to the members' accounts is incorrect, members should inform KrisFlyer within three months of receiving their statement. Transfer of KrisFlyer miles to another frequent flyer programme is not permitted.
4. Only certain specified transactions with each individual programme partner will be deemed eligible for mileage accrual. Individual partners' Terms and Conditions and programme rules apply.
5. Miles for flight transactions are earned as follows:
a. Miles are awarded for tickets purchased in First, Business and Economy Class on participating airlines. For industry discount, agency discount or award tickets, infant fares and other special discounted tickets as specified by Singapore Airlines or airline partners from time to time, no miles will be earned.
b. For tickets booked in G booking class on Singapore Airlines and SilkAir, no KrisFlyer miles will be earned. If any Singapore Airlines and/or SilkAir itinerary has any sectors that are booked in these booking classes, those flight sectors on Singapore Airlines and/or SilkAir will be deemed ineligible for mileage accrual.
c. For tickets booked on charter flights, no miles will be earned. Individual airlines may also exclude mileage accrual on certain flights, such as codeshare flights.
d. Miles can only be earned once per flight for each person, regardless of the number of seats purchased.
e. Subject to point f, miles are awarded based on the actual distance travelled, as calculated using the great circle distance formula, from the airport of departure to the airport of arrival, plus other bonuses when applicable. For connecting flights, which require change to another flight number, the miles earned are based on the actual distance as calculated, using the great circle distance formula, for each sector within the trip.
f. For tickets paid with KrisFlyer miles, KrisFlyer miles will be earned in proportion to the amount of cash paid with credit/debit card for each ticket (excluding airport taxes). Miles will be allocated firstly to the KrisFlyer member whose miles were used to purchase the tickets (if he/she is travelling in the same itinerary). Thereafter, any miles earned will be proportionately credited to the other passengers in the itinerary as long as they are KrisFlyer members. KrisFlyer members who purchase tickets for their nominees but who are not part of the itinerary will not earn KrisFlyer miles. Miles can only be credited to KrisFlyer accounts for tickets paid with KrisFlyer miles.
g. On Singapore Airlines and SilkAir, KrisFlyer miles are awarded for travel in the Singapore Airlines Suites, First Class, Business Class and Economy Class and in their corresponding booking classes as follows:
Accrual levels for flights on Singapore Airlines and SilkAir
Booking Class Fare
(of actual miles travelled)
A, F, P
C, D, J, Z
B, E, H, L ,M, S, U , W, Y
K*, T, V
*Applicable for flights departing on and after 1 September 2014
For tickets booked in G booking class on Singapore Airlines and SilkAir, no KrisFlyer miles will be earned. KrisFlyer miles are not awarded on codeshare flights marketed by Singapore Airlines and operated by non-KrisFlyer partner airlines. For a list of KrisFlyer partner airlines, please click here. Mileage accrual rates may vary for partner airlines. For information, members should consult the online table for accrual levels or call KrisFlyer Membership Services.
6. Miles for non-flight transactions are earned as follows:
a. Miles awarded for non-flight transactions will be as specified within the terms and conditions of each partner with the KrisFlyer programme.
b. Hotel: Members can earn miles by the following means:
i. By each qualifying hotel stay: A hotel stay is defined as any number of consecutive nights at one hotel, regardless of the number of rooms booked during the stay and regardless of the number of occasions the member checks in during the stay.
ii. By converting Hotel reward points to KrisFlyer miles, according to the conversion rate that is specified by the individual partner programme.
c. Credit and Charge Card: Members earn credit/charge card points on participating credit and charge cards based on the value of valid, eligible purchases made on the card. Members can then convert these credit/charge points to KrisFlyer miles according to the conversion rate that is specified by the individual partner programme.
i. For co-branded credit cards, miles earned will be automatically deposited to a member's KrisFlyer account each month.
ii. When the American Express Singapore Airlines co-branded credit card (issued in Singapore and Taiwan), Bank of China Singapore Airlines co-branded credit card (issued in Hong Kong), Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer American Express co-branded credit card (issued in Malaysia) or Singapore Airlines Westpac co-branded credit cards (issued in Australia) are used to purchase a Singapore Airlines ticket online, the bonus miles earned are based on the purchase value of the ticket and not the actual miles flown.
iii. The type of credit/charge card held by the member has no bearing on the member's status within the KrisFlyer programme and does not entitle the member to lounge access or any Star Alliance/Singapore Airlines associated benefits.
d. Telecommunication: Members can earn miles by the following means:
i. Conversion of partner’s loyalty programme points to KrisFlyer miles
ii. By making phone calls/sending short messages on selected partner mobile networks while roaming overseas.
e. Car Rental: Members earn miles for each qualifying car rental, regardless of the number of days or cars rented.
7. Miles can only be accrued by an individual KrisFlyer member in the following ways:
a. Flight transactions: miles are accrued by the individual KrisFlyer member travelling on the flight regardless of who pays for the ticket or transaction.
b. Non-Flight transactions: miles can only be earned or converted by the individual KrisFlyer member performing the transaction with participating partners.
Members must travel or use the products and services offered by the programme partners to receive credit. For unused tickets, unconsumed products or returned products and services, no miles will be received.
8. Some programme partners may disallow certain categories of their members from transferring points earned in their programme to the member's KrisFlyer account.
9. Singapore Airlines reserves the right not to award miles/PPS Value on flights where any flight coupon utilisation in the ticket does not comply with the Singapore Airlines General Conditions of Carriage for Passengers and Baggage. Miles/PPS Value will be awarded at Singapore Airlines' discretion.
10. Bonus miles earned from promotions will be credited at the end of the promotional period.
11. Pooling of miles is not permitted and each KrisFlyer membership can only be utilised by one person. Singapore Airlines reserves the right to cancel a KrisFlyer account and all miles in the account, if it is found to be used by more than one person.
12. Members are only eligible for credit with one frequent flyer programme for each flight or transaction. Where a member attempts to accrue miles, points or credits with more than one programme for the same flight or transaction, the miles, points or credits awarded for the flight or transaction will be forfeited.
13. Requests for missing miles will only be entertained if members have identified themselves as KrisFlyer members when making a reservation and the KrisFlyer Membership Card was presented at the time of check-in for flights, or when making use of the products and services offered by programme partners.
14. In the event miles do not appear in a member's KrisFlyer Account, the member may request that the miles be retroactively credited to his/her KrisFlyer account up to six months following the flight or transaction concerned. This is done online or by completing a Retroactive Mileage Credit Request Form.
Online requests for Retroactive Mileage Credit can only be done for Singapore Airlines and SilkAir flights at krisflyer.com
Members should allow two weeks for miles earned on Singapore Airlines and four weeks for miles earned on KrisFlyer partner airline flights, and six to eight weeks for miles earned with KrisFlyer non-air partners, to appear in their account before raising a claim for missing miles.
Retroactive mileage claims that are made prior to enrolment in KrisFlyer are only valid for Singapore Airlines flights and must have taken place no longer than 6 months prior to enrolment.
The following documentary evidence is required for transactions with KrisFlyer partners:
For hotel stays: a copy of the hotel bill
For car rentals: a copy of the car rental agreement
For shopping: the original purchase receipt
Members should allow six to eight weeks for eligible retroactive miles to appear in their KrisFlyer account.
Claims submitted online may be processed immediately and retroactive miles credited in the next statement cycle, if all required information submitted are correct and match those on record and in system.
15. For enquiries regarding miles converted from a non-airline partner's programme to KrisFlyer, members should check with the respective non-airline partner's office where the original transfer request was made. Miles can be transferred from a non-airline partner programme to member's KrisFlyer account; however, this action cannot be reversed.
16. A member’s KrisFlyer miles will expire after three years (or one year for miles received from contests) at 23:59 hours Singapore time (GMT +08:00 hours) on the last day of the equivalent month in which they were earned. For example, miles credited to a member’s KrisFlyer account in July 2011 will expire at 23:59 hours Singapore time (GMT +08:00 hours) on 31 July 2014.
17. KrisFlyer miles that are due to expire for the first time may be extended for a fee. For KrisFlyer members, miles may be extended once for a period of six months only. KrisFlyer Elite Silver, KrisFlyer Elite Gold and PPS Club members may extend their miles for a period of one year only.
18. KrisFlyer miles that are due to expire may be extended for a fee, up to five months ahead and inclusive of the current month, in blocks of up to three consecutive months.
19. KrisFlyer miles that have already expired cannot be extended.
20. KrisFlyer Account Statements are sent to members who have subscribed to them and have made transactions in the preceding statement period, or have miles that are due to expire within the statement period.
21. Transfer of miles from a member’s KrisFlyer account to another account in a different frequent flyer programme, and vice versa, is not allowed. Transfer of KrisFlyer miles from one member’s account to another member’s account is also not permitted.#160;
C. Using miles
1. KrisFlyer miles can be used for the following purposes:
a. Redemption of award tickets or upgrade awards on Singapore Airlines, SilkAir, Star Alliance and other partner airlines.
b. Payment for part of or the total amount of Singapore Airlines or SilkAir airfares purchased on singaporeair.com
c. Payment of services fees including but not limited to extension of expiring miles and change of redemption nominees.
2. Paying with KrisFlyer miles
a. A minimum number of miles is required in order to use KrisFlyer miles to pay for airfares purchased on singaporeair.com. The exact amount may vary according to the currency rate.
b. KrisFlyer members can choose to pay for all or part of their own airfares or the airfares of any of their five redemption nominees.
c. KrisFlyer miles can only be used to pay for airfares on flights operated by Singapore Airlines or SilkAir purchased on singaporeair.com. KrisFlyer miles cannot be used to pay for tickets purchased through travel agents, Singapore Airlines Ticket Offices/Call Centres, or silkair.com. KrisFlyer miles also cannot be used to pay for corporate fares, group fares, and any fare that includes a flight segment that is not operated by Singapore Airlines or SilkAir (e.g. codeshares, interline, round-the-world itineraries and flights not operated by Singapore Airlines or SilkAir). Tickets paid fully or partially with KrisFlyer miles are non-endorsable, regardless of the fare conditions.#160;
D. KrisFlyer Elite Silver, KrisFlyer Elite Gold and PPS Club membership
1. KrisFlyer Elite Silver and KrisFlyer Elite Gold membership
a. Only KrisFlyer Elite miles earned on Singapore Airlines, SilkAir, Star Alliance partner airlines and Virgin Atlantic (in any class) will count towards KrisFlyer Elite Silver and KrisFlyer Elite Gold membership. Miles earned through any tier bonus or any type of promotional bonus do not qualify as Elite miles. KrisFlyer members must credit these miles to their KrisFlyer account to count towards KrisFlyer Elite Silver and KrisFlyer Elite Gold qualification or renewal.
b. On Singapore Airlines and SilkAir, Elite miles are awarded for travel on Singapore Airlines Suites, First Class, Business Class and Economy Class and in their corresponding booking classes as follows:
Accrual levels for flights on Singapore Airlines and SilkAir
Booking Class Fare
(of actual miles travelled)
A, F, P
C, D, J, Z
B, E, H, L ,M, S, U , W, Y
K*, T, V
*Applicable for flights departing on and after 1 September 2014
Miles earned through any tier bonus or promotional bonus do not qualify as Elite miles. For tickets booked in G booking class on Singapore Airlines and SilkAir, no Elite miles will be earned. Elite miles are not awarded on codeshare flights marketed by Singapore Airlines and operated by non-KrisFlyer partner airlines. For a list of KrisFlyer partner airlines, please click here. For tickets paid with KrisFlyer miles, Elite miles will be earned proportionate to the cash portion of the tickets (excluding airport taxes).
c. Miles required for KrisFlyer Elite Silver and KrisFlyer Elite Gold qualification and renewal are tracked and listed separately in the KrisFlyer account and account statement as Elite miles for the sole purpose of determining tier level status. These miles cannot be used to redeem for KrisFlyer awards or to pay for airfares. These miles will be reset to zero at the end of each membership year for qualification and renewal of KrisFlyer Elite Silver and KrisFlyer Elite Gold membership.
d. These Elite miles will be reset to zero at the end of a member’s individual Elite membership year, a period of 12 consecutive months starting from the date of membership upgrade/renewal.
2. PPS Club membership
a. With effect from 1 September 2007, only PPS Value derived from Singapore dollars spent on Eligible Flights (defined as Flights on Singapore Airlines and SilkAir in First Class and Business Class, and Singapore Airlines Suites only) will count towards qualification and/or renewal of PPS Club membership.
As such, even if a significant duration of the applicable eligibility period for qualification and/or renewal precedes 1 September 2007, Singapore Airlines shall be entitled to assess and determine (in its sole discretion and absolute opinion) a member’s eligibility for qualification and/or renewal of PPS Club membership on the basis of the PPS Value if the last day of the applicable eligibility period for qualification and/or renewal is on or after 1 September 2007.
Further, on or after 1 September 2007, the PPS Value programme guide for qualification and/or renewal shall apply in lieu of the PPS Club Miles Programme Guide.
b. PPS Value shall be derived (in Singapore Airlines’ sole discretion and absolute opinion) from the actual amounts (excluding airport taxes) spent and/or transacted by members, in Singapore dollars, for commercial air tickets (which would exclude award redemption, industry, agency, discounted or sponsored tickets) on Eligible Flights (as defined in sub-paragraph (a) above). From 1 July 2013, PPS Value will be earned on both the airfare and fuel surcharge components of members' tickets. For tickets paid with KrisFlyer miles, PPS Value will only be earned on the cash portion of the tickets (excluding airport taxes).
If the actual amounts are spent and/or transacted in other currencies, these amounts shall be converted to Singapore dollars on the basis of the IATA monthly exchange rate in the month of ticketing. With effect from April 2007, PPS Value required for PPS Club qualification and/or renewal will be tracked and listed separately in the relevant member’s account and account statements for the sole purpose of determining membership and tier level status in the PPS Club.
PPS Value shall not be used to redeem KrisFlyer awards or pay for airfares. PPS Value can only be earned once per flight for each person, regardless of the number of seats purchased.
c. Members who qualify (and continue to qualify upon renewal) for PPS Club as well as KrisFlyer Elite Silver or KrisFlyer Elite Gold will be accorded the programme privileges for and benefits of the PPS Club. Members are not allowed to accumulate benefits and privileges for both programmes.
d. Supplementary Solitaire PPS Club members will enjoy many of the service benefits accorded to the principal Solitaire PPS Club members. However, Supplementary Solitaire PPS Club members will earn PPS Value in their account based on their own membership status within the KrisFlyer or PPS Club programmes (as is applicable).
e. PPS Club benefits vary on Singapore Airlines’ codeshare flights.#160;
E. Redemption group nominations
1. A member can nominate up to a maximum of five individual persons as nominees at any one time to be in their Redemption Group. A child or infant nominee is treated like an adult. A corporation or other legal entity cannot be a Redemption Group Nominee.
2. Members can change or delete nominees in their Redemption Group for a flat fee, regardless of the number of names changed or deleted. Once a change or deletion has been carried out, further changes or deletions can only be carried out after six months. There is no fee for adding names to a Redemption Group.
3. New, additional or replacement nominees are eligible for travel awards once their names are registered in a member’s KrisFlyer account. This may take up to 14 days from the date of receipt of the nomination(s) by Singapore Airlines.
4. The nominees you have authorised to make bookings and collect redemption tickets for themselves and on your behalf must produce proof of identification. If they have been so authorised, Singapore Airlines will not inform the principal member nor be held liable for issuing redemption tickets to the authorised nominees.
5. For the collection of redemption tickets by third parties (including couriers and nominees who fall outside of the category of nominees accorded prior authorisation), a signed letter of authorisation from the principal member and a copy of both sides of the principal member's card will be required.#160;
F. Singapore Airlines and SilkAir redemption and upgrade awards
1. The awards offered in KrisFlyer consist of award tickets, upgrade awards and other redemption options as defined by Singapore Airlines from time to time.
2. Round-trip and one-way flight awards and upgrades on Singapore Airlines and SilkAir can be redeemed through the KrisFlyer website. Requests for awards can also be made through KrisFlyer Membership Services or Singapore Airlines City Ticket Offices, in accordance with procedures that may be enforced from time to time for issuing awards. Miles can only be redeemed for destinations with electronic ticketing facilities.
3. Travel agencies cannot issue award tickets or any of the other awards above.
4. Members will only be eligible for award travel if they clearly indicate at the time of reservation that they are redeeming KrisFlyer miles for the flight desired. Guaranteed reservation in Economy Class for PPS Club members waitlisted in Singapore Airlines Suites, First Class or Business Class does not apply for redemption booking.
5. KrisFlyer miles must be valid when an award ticket is issued. For this reason, members should ensure that ticketing takes place before the KrisFlyer miles expire. Members must ensure that they have sufficient miles in their accounts before an award ticket is issued. A child or infant nominee requires the same number of KrisFlyer miles for travel.
6. Members must report any suspected unauthorised award claims from their KrisFlyer accounts within three months of the unauthorised transaction activity for any corrective action to be possible.
7. All KrisFlyer miles required for an award ticket must be earned by the same member under the same account number.
8. Travel on KrisFlyer award tickets is subject to capacity controls. This may limit the number of seats available for award travel on particular flights. Award seats may not be available on all flights or in all classes. In addition, some partners may impose blackout periods when award redemption is not permitted.
9. KrisFlyer award tickets are subject to, and the passenger is responsible for, applicable departure taxes; other airport or government handling fees; and any fuel or other surcharges imposed by Singapore Airlines, SilkAir or any other participating carrier. Payment for such taxes, fees or charges will be in US$ or the local currency equivalent and will be collected at the time of ticketing.
10. Members can only use KrisFlyer miles to redeem awards. Award redemption cannot be combined with any other means of payment.
11. An award ticket may be reissued, but only for travel by the same person and provided no part of the award ticket has been utilised. Additional KrisFlyer miles may be applicable. If the new journey requires fewer KrisFlyer miles, the excess cannot be refunded. The award ticket at the point of reissue must still be valid. There will be a reissue fee for each ticket. The reissued ticket must have the same expiry date as the original ticket and it must be for the same airline. However, if the date of the first flight on the reissued ticket is earlier than that of the original ticket, then the expiry date of the reissued ticket will be readjusted to the earlier date accordingly.
12. Passengers travelling on award tickets with a confirmed reservation who fail to show up for the flight will be considered a no-show. A no-show fee may be charged.
13. KrisFlyer miles of completely unused award tickets may be redeposited for a fee providing the miles and the ticket are valid at the time of redepositing. Any taxes will be refunded. Miles cannot be refunded for partially used award tickets and upgrades.
14. In the event of a flight disruption, passengers travelling on award tickets will be re-routed as per the rules applicable for fare-paying passengers.
15. A passenger's use of an award is subject to the Terms and Conditions set by both the issuing airline and the airline providing the carriage.
16. All carriage on and all tickets issued on behalf of an airline are subject to the normal rules outlined in each airline's Conditions of Carriage, copies of which may be obtained directly from the airline.
17. Tickets for all award travel will only be issued for a confirmed reservation. Open-dated tickets are not allowed.
18. Industry discount, agency discount or award tickets cannot be used for upgrade awards redemption.
19. All award tickets are valid for twelve months from the date of the first flight as ticketed, unless otherwise specified.
20. Upgrade awards are subject to the rules of purchased tickets. For upgrade award ticket redemption, a copy of the purchased commercial ticket or passenger receipt is required for verification and reissue.
21. Confirmed bookings must be ticketed immediately. Waitlisted bookings which become confirmed must be ticketed prior to the Ticketing Time Limit or the entire itinerary will be cancelled. Singapore Airlines will not be held liable for cancellation of a booking that is not ticketed prior to the Ticketing Time Limit.
22. Award Redemption - Award Calculation Rules
a. Travel must be via a published route. Backtracking is not permitted except as required by route restrictions. Backtracking occurs when a journey does not continue in the same direction in which it began. An itinerary containing a backtracking sector not required by route restrictions may require separate tickets.
b. Award travel on Singapore Airlines and SilkAir can be ticketed as one itinerary. Award travel on all other participating airlines must be ticketed separately.
c. Complimentary stopover - Refer to the table below for the validity and number of complimentary stopovers available with each award ticket type.
Saver Awards Standard and Full Awards One-way
Validity of award tickets
d. When a member claims an award in a class of service that is available on only certain sectors of a trip, a lower class of service may be substituted by Singapore Airlines for the other sectors of the trip. The award redemption level for the entire trip may be determined according to the actual classes of service flown or the highest class of service flown.
e. If a member wishes to claim an award for an itinerary that is not available on the award chart he may combine two or more redemptions to do so.
23. Mileage Top-up
a. Members who have at least 50% of the KrisFlyer miles needed to redeem an award ticket may purchase up to a maximum of 50% of the remaining miles needed to redeem an award. Miles can be purchased during the online redemption booking process for flights on Singapore Airlines or SilkAir, or by calling KrisFlyer Membership Services (KMS).
b. Miles can only be purchased and used against the redemption of award tickets issued on Singapore Airlines, SilkAir, Star Alliance airlines and other partner airlines, unless otherwise specified. Miles cannot be used to pay for all or a part of Singapore Airlines or SilkAir airfares purchased on singaporeair.com
c. Purchased miles must be redeemed immediately.
d. Miles must be purchased in blocks of 1,000 miles, with a minimum purchase of 1,000 miles. The price per block of 1,000 miles is USD40 or the local currency equivalent.
e. Miles purchased are non-refundable.
24. Additional rules for upgrade awards
a. Upgrades are available to the next higher class of service. Double class upgrades are not permitted.
b. Miles earned for travel using an upgrade award will be based on the original class of service purchased.
c. Only tickets booked in S,Y, B or E class are eligible for upgrade award redemption. In an itinerary with multiple sectors, only the sectors booked under one of these classes are eligible for upgrade award redemption.
d. All award charts for upgrades are based on one-way trips. Round-trip upgrades require double the miles of a one-way upgrade.
e. No complimentary stopover is permitted for one-way Saver upgrades. One complimentary stopover is permitted for round-trip Saver upgrades. One complimentary stopover is permitted for one-way Standard and Full upgrades. Two complimentary stopovers are permitted for round-trip Standard and Full upgrades. A member may redeem additional stopovers with miles for both one-way and round-trip upgrades.
f. Upgrade awards cannot be redeemed on partially used tickets.
g. Upgrades are available only on Singapore Airlines, SilkAir and the Star Alliance airlines listed under Section F below.
25. Online Redemption Booking
a. Members who redeem for award tickets online will save 15% off the usual miles required to any Singapore Airlines and SilkAir destination with e-ticketing facilities. Members will also receive this discount for online redemption for upgrades on Singapore Airlines flights booked commercially online. Any change made through KrisFlyer Membership Services, Singapore Airlines and SilkAir reservations or ticket offices will render the member's booking ineligible for the discount.
b. Only upgrades, round-trip awards and one-way awards are available for online redemption.
c. Members can only make bookings for themselves or their redemption nominees. Passport numbers may be required.
d. KrisFlyer members under 12 years of age are not eligible to redeem their miles online, unless a Redemption Nominee 18 years old or above is travelling with him/her on the same flight. KrisFlyer members between 12 and 17 years of age who are travelling unaccompanied, are required to bring along a signed copy of the Unaccompanied Minors Assistance and Handling form, which is to be completed by their parents or guardians, during check-in.This form must be completed by their parents or guardians.
e. Airport taxes must be paid for by credit card.
f. Updates / changes to members' bookings will be sent via email. Members are to ensure that their email addresses are valid before carrying out online redemption bookings.#160;
G. Star Alliance Awards and Star Alliance Upgrade Awards
1. General award conditions
a. Requests for Star Alliance Awards or Star Alliance Upgrade Awards must be made through KrisFlyer Membership Services or Singapore Airlines City Ticket Offices, in accordance with procedures that may be enforced from time to time for issuing awards.
b. Travel agencies cannot issue Star Alliance Awards or Star Alliance Upgrade Awards.
c. KrisFlyer miles must be valid when an award ticket or upgrade certificate is issued. For this reason, members should ensure that ticketing takes place before the KrisFlyer miles expire. Members must ensure that they have sufficient miles in their account before an award ticket or upgrade certificate is issued. A child nominee requires the same number of KrisFlyer miles as an adult for the award or upgrade.
d. Members must report any suspected unauthorised award claims from their KrisFlyer account within three months of the unauthorised transaction activity for any corrective action to be possible.
e. All KrisFlyer miles required for an award or upgrade award must be earned by the same member, under the same account number.
f. Travel on Star Alliance Award tickets and Star Alliance Upgrade Awards is subject to capacity controls by the partner airline. This may limit the number of seats available for travel on particular flights. Award seats may not be available on all flights or in all classes. In addition, some partner airlines may impose blackout periods when award redemption is not permitted.
g. KrisFlyer miles can only be used to redeem awards or upgrade awards. Award redemption cannot be combined with any other means of payment.
h. A passenger's use of an award is subject to the Terms and Conditions set by both the issuing airline and the participating airline providing the carriage.
i. All carriage on and all tickets issued on behalf of a participating airline are subject to each participating airline’s Conditions of Carriage, copies of which may be obtained directly from the participating airline.
2. Additional conditions for Star Alliance Awards
a. An itinerary may contain flights operated by a Star Alliance member airline (excluding Singapore Airlines), or flights operated by two or more Star Alliance member airlines (including Singapore Airlines). A maximum of six travel segments are allowed per itinerary.
b. Travel is subject to blackout dates, capacity control and schedule changes by the operating Star Alliance member airline.
c. All reservations must be confirmed before ticketing. Waitlisting is not permitted except on Singapore Airlines operated segments only.
d. If your itinerary includes bookings in different classes of service, the award level corresponding to the highest class will apply for the whole award ticket.
e. A one-way award requires half the number of KrisFlyer miles required for a round-trip award, and is only applicable to the list of airlines as specified in the Star Alliance Award Chart on krisflyer.com.
f. One complimentary en route stopover is permitted for round-trip awards, unless otherwise stated below. Up to three additional stopovers are also permitted at USD100 each, regardless of class of service.
g. Complimentary stopovers are not permitted in a purely domestic itinerary , or within the country of departure in an international itinerary.
h. Complimentary stopovers are not permitted if an itinerary contains only European cities, or is between the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico or U.S. Virgin Islands.
i. Complimentary stopovers are not permitted for one-way awards.
j. A stopover is defined as a connection above four hours in an itinerary within or between the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico or U.S. Virgin Islands, or a connection above 24 hours in all other itineraries.
k. The original outbound departure point may not be used as a transfer point to the final destination on the return leg.
l. One origin or destination open-jaw is permitted for a round-trip award (e.g. fly Singapore to San Francisco, then LA to Singapore; or fly Seoul to Singapore, then take a return leg to Tokyo). Open-jaws are permitted across different award zones but the higher award level will apply. En route open-jaws are not permitted.
m. Side trips are not permitted. A separate award ticket is required for a side trip.
n. Backtracking is not permitted. Travel must be made via the most direct route.
o. You can only make changes to the destination or airline on an issued ticket if travel has not commenced. Such changes will require re-issuance of tickets at a service charge. Please refer to Service Fees for the relevant fee.
p. Award tickets are subject to, and the passenger is responsible for, applicable departure taxes; other airport or government handling fees; and any fuel or other surcharges imposed by Singapore Airlines or any other partner airline. Payment for such taxes, fees or charges will be in US dollars or the local currency equivalent and will be collected at the time of ticketing.
q. Award redemption on ANA domestic flights may only be made between two months and four days to departure, unless there is an international stopover or connection in the same booking.
r. Award redemption on First Class service on SWISS is not available.
3. Additional conditions for Star Alliance Round the World Awards
a. Normal Star Alliance Award travel restrictions apply.
b. You must travel in a continuous eastbound or westbound direction, beginning and ending in the same country. You must make only one crossing of the Atlantic Ocean and only one crossing of the Pacific Ocean. You are allowed an origin open-jaw in the same country.
c. Your total travel distance must not exceed 35,000 miles. You are allowed a maximum of 16 segments in your itinerary.
d. You may include a maximum of seven complimentary stopovers in your itinerary. The same stopover restrictions for Star Alliance Awards apply for Round The World Awards. In addition, you may stopover only once in each city and no more than twice in any one country. You may not purchase additional stopovers. Surface sectors are permitted but count as stopovers.
4. Additional conditions for Star Alliance Upgrade Awards
a. Upgrades are available to the next higher class of service. Double class upgrades are not permitted.
b. Only selected booking classes on the participating airlines, as specified here, are eligible for upgrades.
c. Only confirmed and ticketed bookings are eligible for upgrades. Industry discount, agency discount or award tickets cannot be used for upgrades.
d. Only flights marketed and operated by the same participating airline are eligible for upgrades. Codeshare flights are not eligible.
e. Only a single segment of the trip can be upgraded at a time.
f. Up to four passengers in a single booking can be upgraded using miles from one KrisFlyer account. Partial upgrade of some passengers within a booking is not permitted. If KrisFlyer members wish to upgrade some passengers within the booking, the commercial booking will need to be split accordingly.
g. Upgrades must be confirmed at least 24 hours before departure. Standby upgrades at the airport are not permitted.
h. Miles earned for travel using an upgrade award will be based on the original booked commercial class.
i. The participating airlines are Adria Airways, Aegean Airlines, Air Canada, Air China, Air India, Air New Zealand, ANA, Asiana Airlines, Austrian, Avianca, Brussels Airlines, Copa Airlines, Croatia Airlines, EGYPTAIR, Ethiopian Airlines, EVA Air, LOT Polish Airlines, Lufthansa, Scandinavian Airlines, Shenzhen Airlines, SWISS, TAP Portugal, THAI, Turkish Airlines and United, as well as such other airlines as may be advised from time to time.
j. Upgrade requests on ANA may only be made within 56 days before departure, and are not available on ANA domestic flights.
k. Upgrade requests on Scandinavian Airlines are not available for flights within Europe.#160;
H. Personal identification number (PIN)
1. Members may apply for a confidential Personal Identification Number (PIN) through the KrisFlyer website. The PIN is needed for 'self-service' transactions relating to the member's secured information such as personal data, mileage balance and transaction summary.
2. Members shall keep their PIN confidential at all times and undertake not to divulge the PIN to any other person under any circumstances whatsoever and shall not permit any unauthorised person to use their PIN.
3. Members agree to be liable for all transactions made pursuant to the use of the PIN with or without the member’s knowledge or consent. Members acknowledge that Singapore Airlines is under no obligation or duty to verify the authenticity of any person who performs transactions through the use of a valid PIN.
4. Singapore Airlines will not be held liable for any loss, damage or expense incurred by the member however caused, through any unauthorised disclosure or unauthorised use of their PIN.#160;
I. General conditions
1. Singapore Airlines may change the programme rules or programme benefits without prior notice, even though such changes may affect the value of miles, PPS Value or awards already accumulated. Singapore Airlines reserves the right at any time, to initiate changes without limitation to the following:
a. KrisFlyer programme partners or participating organisations.
b. The rules for earning or using miles.
c. The award structure and availability of awards.
d. The rules for use of awards and the cities served.
e. The features of special offers and promotions. Awards from programme partners are dependent on the partner's continued participation in the KrisFlyer programme.
2. Singapore Airlines reserves the right to terminate the programme or any part thereof, at any time with or without notice, even though termination may affect the member's right to accrue miles/PPS Value or redeem miles for awards. Singapore Airlines is not liable to members for any loss of value or benefits that may arise as a result of any changes made to the programme.
3. Singapore Airlines shall not be liable for any product and service offered or promised from a KrisFlyer partner. Singapore Airlines will not be held liable for any action that may arise as a result of using a KrisFlyer partner.
4. Singapore Airlines may assign or deal with these Terms and Conditions in favour of any of its subsidiaries, subcontractors or appointed agents to carry out any of its obligations herein. Singapore Airlines shall not be responsible to the member for any delay in performance or non-performance of its subcontractors and/or agents due to causes beyond its reasonable control.
5. Singapore Airlines shall not be in breach of its obligation of confidentiality if disclosure of a member's confidential information is pursued in conjunction with an order of court, or is required by law or any governmental or regulatory authority. However, if the disclosure is not required with immediate effect, Singapore Airlines shall give the member prior notice of such disclosure.
6. Any miles/PPS Value credited to a member's account that are found to be ineligible will be deducted automatically. Documents submitted for claims cannot be returned.
7. The sale or barter of KrisFlyer miles, PPS Value, award tickets or other benefits is prohibited and will result in cancellation of these miles, PPS Value, award tickets and/or other benefits. Members who breach this rule may also be liable for damages, litigation and transaction costs.
8. All transactions carried out by members under 12 years of age require consent from their parents or guardians. In countries where consent is required for members above 12 years of age, the law of the country where the transaction is conducted will apply. Singapore Airlines will not be liable for the verification of the parent's or guardian's signature, or for the verification of the parent's or guardian's authority to give consent.
9. Members will be held responsible for any taxes, levies or duties that arise in connection with the receipt of KrisFlyer awards or benefits and all additional costs shall be borne by the award user.
10. Members are responsible for keeping themselves informed of the current Terms and Conditions of the KrisFlyer programme which are posted on Singapore Airlines' website. Continued participation in the programme by a member will be regarded as acceptance of the current Terms and Conditions.
11. It is the responsibility of members to keep their mailing address and email address up-to-date. Any communication sent to members will be regarded as delivered when posted to a mailing address on record. Singapore Airlines will not be responsible for any delayed, misdirected or lost mail. Any change in the Members' mailing address must be provided in writing, or updated online.
12. Should KrisFlyer collaterals be available in other languages, the English language version shall be the only point of reference if any discrepancy arises.
13. Singapore Airlines reserves the right to interpret, apply and communicate the Terms and Conditions as posted on Singapore Airlines' website. All decisions made by Singapore Airlines shall be final and conclusive in each case.
14. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Singapore.#160;