Preparing to fly
- Travel advice
- Special assistance
- Medical information
- Medical equipment
- Seat and meal request
- Travelling with children
- Sensory impairment
- Cognitive disabilities
- Travelling with pets
- Expectant mothers
- Mobility aids
- Equal Access Plan Australia
If you have cognitive disabilities, please notify us at least 48 hours before flight departure.
You would need to travel with a safety assistant if
- some means of communication to transmit the safety briefing cannot be established between our staff and yourself.
- the established means of communication does not adequately satisfy the objectives of permitting communication of the safety briefing.
Please note that we will not be able to offer you a seat at the emergency exit row.
On the day of the departure
If you require any assistance within the airport, please inform us during check-in. We will then extend our meet-and-assist service to you during boarding, disembarkation and connection between flights.
We offer the following services:
- Assistance to use the onboard wheelchair
- Assistance to move from wheelchair to the lavatory
We are unable to offer:
- Assistance with feeding of meals
- Assistance within the restroom or assistance at the seat with defecation and/or urination functions
- Provision of medical services.
Should you require the above-mentioned services, we advise that you travel with a personal care assistant.